After working with parent groups in Oxleas and witnessing the transformative potential of NVR, I have adapted it for the classroom, alongside best classroom behaviour-management practice, trauma-informed teaching and psychotherapeutic understanding.
I offer a unique approach for school leaders and classroom teachers in a comprehensive, one day workshop, tailored to the exact needs of each school.
- Understand their presence in the classroom.
- Identify triggers from disruptive behaviour
- Understand theories of child emotional development and how these affect behaviour at school.
- Learn how to de-escalate negative situations, reduce negative sanctions and focus on reward.
- Learn how to redirect negative attention-seeking and rebuild positive connection with students.
- Learn how to prepare new classes for immediate teaching.
School communities will
- transform relationships between staff, students and parents
- reduce sanctions, improve teaching pace
- ensure rigorous differentiation and personalisation for progress.
- prepare NQTs for independence
- identify future NVR ambassadors to embed techniques and train new staff.